Saturday, February 9, 2008

This Week with Barbara

1. 2. 3.
Photos taken from the Internet.

My revised budget philosophy: go for what's free, but of course looks good.

1. We Barbarians will be performing a string of Monday nights at the Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa for free. I've just discovered these men, but I really like what I hear. I recommend listening to their grungy/edgy "Yesmen and Bumsukers." Whatever that title means, I'm not sure. The lyrics are equally ambiguous. Still like it.

2. Anaïs Nin, ooh! Erotic, poetic and woman. The Hammer Museum will be celebrating this writer on Tuesday. It's a free event with Nin's friends as the speakers, actually.

3. "Atonement" is the most beautiful movie in theaters right now. I am going to indulge replaying my favorite YouTube clip and you should, too. James McAvoy is the most beautiful man in England.

What's your budget philosophy when it comes to going out?

No comments: